Saturday, November 27, 2010

Project 3 is Project 2 reworked !@#

I will make a a model park to display my 3d prints (from project 2) as if they are monumental sculptures. Fake model trees, bushes, and grass will be the details and I am not yet sure if the sculptures will have a finish. I have one sculpture printed and I am working on the second (maybe 3). I am going to use wire mesh, paper mache, and moss green spray paint on the project to make hilly like features. This will be the most involved model I have ever attempted to create, and the financial investments are well worth it. I am excited to start working on the next steps. I feel my simple sculptural prints will take on new appearances when in the detailed model. The base will be plywood and I also have 12 inch gauze to experimant with for form and texture. I could use some small rocks also! The mini trees I purchased will make the prints look huge yet the prints are the smallest sculptures I have made to date. I am not sure about the glue I will use for the fine details. What and how it will work? I also have some sap green oil paint that could be used. The print that is done is a vertical pattern, and I think the second (maybe third) will be different, yet not a mass form, probably also linear. Creating my own sculpture park will be fun and aswesome to see how the sculptures would look in a large scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment