Tuesday, November 9, 2010

NEW Project 2

Hi,

    I changed it up in the project 2 department. Now I am 3D printing a set of objects into a standing sculpture. I have been working in Rhino and I am trying to make sure all my shapes are touching. I would like the piece to stand on its own but if not I will customize a base. The piece consists of 7 spheres of different sizes stacked on top of one another. Very simple but I think a good start and the minimal aspect is appealing. I am aware of the $5 per cubic inch cost to print and I hope the piece is not that expensive . A gamble I am willing to make for the sculpture gods. The printer"s 9x9 inch capacity is small and the piece I am printing will only be around 7 inches but has line, curve, shape, and multiple dimensions jammed into the little package. I have not thought about a finish yet some color may be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment